EMC Number: 3249
Page Count: 144
Foster your child’s critical thinking skills and see confidence soar! Children are naturally inquisitive from infancy, yet creative and problem-solving skills need to be nurtured as children grow. Like reading and math skills, critical thinking skills require practice.
The variety of fun and creative activities in this series will challenge your child to use higher-order thinking skills based on Bloom’s Taxonomy. Every page provides a new and interesting activity that will help your child:
- Think outside the box and use higher-order thinking skills through open-ended questions and challenges
- Tap into his or her creativity with art projects and hands-on activities
- Become a better learner by practicing critical thinking skills in cross-curricular activities (based on PreK science, math, social studies, and language arts content)
The 100+ activities are organized around these PreK themes:
- Insects: Butterflies and Grasshoppers; Honeybees and Ladybugs
- Weather: Different Types of Weather; We Dress for the Weather
- Transportation: Cars, Trucks, and Buses; Planes, Trains, and Boats
- Community: Homes in My Community; Places to Visit
PreK activities include tracing, counting, dot-to-dot, and drawings that involve critical thinking skills such as:
- Recall and Retell
- Create, and more!
Plus, each page lists the critical thinking skill(s) so that you know what your child is practicing.
Use Skill Sharpeners: Critical Thinking
for enrichment at home and help your child become a confident problem solver!
Includes answer key.